Jamaican Sour Sop Leaves / Graviola
The Sour Sop leaves are known for regulating the nervous system and relieving insomnia. They have been useful in lowering blood pressure and relieving kidney and gall bladder problems. Crushed, it is also used as a first aid remedy for fainting and as a poultice for wounds.
- Promote a good night's sleep
- leaves have sedative and soporific properties
- coughs and diarrhea
Sour sop trees are popular in the Caribbean, Central America, and some areas of South America. Soursop is rich in Vitamins C, B1, and B2, fibre, thiamine, riboflavin, and iron, and is also an excellent source of carbohydrates. Several health benefits have been attributed to soursop leaf tea including;
- Soursop tea is considered to be just as powerful as undergoing chemotherapy – without the debilitating side effects
- Soursop leaf tea helps to reduce anxiety and relieves migraine headaches
- You can use soursop leaf tea as a treatment for head lice
- Reduce soursop leaf tea and apply it as a wet compress to relieve swollen feet.
The fruit of the sour sop plant is rich in Vitamins B and C and is used to make a refreshing drink sweetened with condensed milk and sugar.
Disclaimer: All our products are harvested and produced using natural organic standards for the highest quality and are sold for medicinal and household purposes only. Please consult your physician before using any herbs for medicinal purposes.